Mullica Trip

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
My kids and I were finally blessed with a weekend that provided nice enough weather for our overnighter. And boy, was it ever worth the wait! We couldn't have asked for two nicer summer days. We left Friday late morn with a clear and sunny day to guide us. Here are some photos we would like to share with you.

A cool start about 5 mins in

Lunch break at the head of Beaver Pond

How it gets its name

Nature's beauty was abundant...

... as were her creatures

A quick dip at Lock's Bridge Beach

Two times it drops...

Our destination

The moon was beautiful peering down at us thru the pines. About 10:30, after campfire stories, we heard the coyotes howling north and west of us. This moment, under the full moon, may have been the highlight of the trip for me. (I'm sorry, but this pic does not do that moon justice) :(

Nearing the end of our journey... the last bridge

One last swim

Aptly named

It was a fantastic two days in the pines. The three of had a great time!
The kids are already talking about another trip before winter arrives... and I'm listening :)
Thanx for viewing, and a special thank you to Turtle.

John-

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Great times for sure! It is great to see your kids enjoyed themselves.

We may have been quite close to each other this weekend.

Guy

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
The Beaver Pond and Locks look way too inviting.....I will have to make it a point to visit before the season is over. I'm thinking the fall colors will be amazing....maybe the full moon in Sept. Thank you!

turtle

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
It was truly a great time! The water was perfect for swimming. We did a lot of that.

Bob-
There was a party of seven and a party of five along with the three of us. Very quiet at night. :) Two hikers arrived at 11:30 Sat., just as we were leaving. No park police came thru at all after dark. I was surprised, it being a holiday w/e and all.

John-