Murphy Farm, Hammonton, NJ

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
Murphy Farm, Hainesport, NJ

Since I'm home from school for Easter break I went fishing with my friend Jon who works for an excavating company based out of Hammonton, NJ. The farm has a creek running through the property along with a spring fed pond. Yesterday we fished all afternoon. The weather couldn't have been more perfect, though it was a bit windy. Just another reminder of why I hate North Jersey so much.

farm1.jpg

farm2.jpg

farm3.jpg

This guy came out of the creek and headed toward the pond. From head to tail he was at least 16-18". I wish I could have gotten something in the picture for scale. We saw a lot of younger snappers in the pond as well.
turtle.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It looks like you had a nice day. Thanks for the photo's, especially the turtle.

Guy

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
I caught a nice smallmouth, a few sunnies, and Jon got a crappie, but nothing spectacular. Supposedly there are some monster catfish in there, but we were using nightcrawlers and bobbers. Maybe next time I'll rig for bottom fishing and see what I come up with.

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
murphy farm

Hey Badfish,i do alot of fishing in the hammonton area ,i guess cuz i live there ,i never heard of that place but there are a few other places in the area that are great for a variety of fish, diamond lake in folsom is one of them it's loaded with pickerel ,some bass crappie blue gills and believe it or not bronze back herring tho not alot of those, you need a boat for this lake tho....... fish on :)

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
The farm is actually on Fenimore Road just off of Ark Road. It's owned by the Murphy family, but I believe the land is leased to other farmers. My friend's boss, who is the son of the farm's owner and the owner of DJ excavating, keeps his equipment in the barns. It's a beautiful peice of property.

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
murphy farm

I'm by that area all the time in my concrete truck, i also carry a rod reel and a small tackle box with me for just those types of ponds i think i've seen the equipment so i kinda have an idea where it is ,good fishin badfish

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yea..they are not near each other at all. The Arc road is what gave me the clue after Rednek questioned it.

Guy