Muskee Creek

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Billy just sat and taught me how to do the picture thing on here and these are his pics of a trip we took today.This was a stone hunting trip that did not pan out.The stone i am sure now is under water or under a very large muskrat nest so there are no stone pics here but some right purty medder shots.I will add more later as I figger out how to edit these pics.
Alfie

muskee_ccc.jpg

muskee_bbb.jpg

muskee_aaa.jpg

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Are you tied to that canoe?

Guy

actually no.that appears to be a rope which i do have a rope attached to the canoe for tieing off but what you see is a broken off reed laying in the boat that appears to be attached to me.The island we plotted the stone to be on is covered with reead and is made of mud and is under water at high tide.There is a large muskrat mound on the side the stone was supposed to be so maybe it's in the mound??? I did not destroy the rats home on the premise it might be there.Also it may be under wtaer at high tide and laying on the mud bank on that side of the island.Perhaps a kayak trip in low water might reveal it but i feel this stone is lost in the mud or stolen long ago.
aL

AL

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Al,

Sorry to hear that Al. Well, nobody can say you didn't try, because you sure had your problems early on with this adventure. Today looks like it had a different outcome, but minus the stone.

Nice try for sure!

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
muskee_ddd.jpg

muskee_ddd.jpg

muskee_eee.jpg

muskee_iii.jpg

muskee_hhh.jpg

muskee_ggg.jpg

muskee_mmm.jpg

muskee_lll.jpg

muskee_kkk.jpg

muskee_jjj.jpg

muskee_nnn.jpg

muskee_rrr.jpg

muskee_qqq.jpg

muskee_ppp.jpg

muskee_ooo.jpg

muskee_ttt.jpg

muskee_sss.jpg

Billy didn't really git any pics of the lime stalactites hanging under the bridge but their were nice 6 inch long stalactities hanging from underneath it.Now current estimates of the growth of calcite formation is caves is about one cubic inch per thousand years.Now these stalactites were six inches long by about half an inch thick so that would be about three cubic inches of material.So using advanced speleo dating techniques I estimate the age of this bridge at three thousand years give or take a century.
Alfie

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Al,
Looks like you fellas got in a few tight spots and a little snaggled up but it must have been well worth it given the images you brought back to us.
I need to get my Hi-Tek canoe racking system back on the S-10.
Ya got me wanting to be on the water.

g.

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Alfie: I lived in Malaga 1988-97; I noticed you live in Millville. Where is Muskee Creek? A beautiful trip I took on a regular basis was up the headwaters of the Maurice River above Willow Grove Lake. Have you explored this area? Your photos are beautiful--thanks!

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Al,
Looks like you fellas got in a few tight spots and a little snaggled up but it must have been well worth it given the images you brought back to us.
I need to get my Hi-Tek canoe racking system back on the S-10.
Ya got me wanting to be on the water.

g.

their were a couple of real old saw cuts on deadfalls above the bridge and one decrepit duck blind but all in all that section of crik does not look to git much boat traffic at all.
Al

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Alfie: I lived in Malaga 1988-97; I noticed you live in Millville. Where is Muskee Creek? A beautiful trip I took on a regular basis was up the headwaters of the Maurice River above Willow Grove Lake. Have you explored this area? Your photos are beautiful--thanks!

actually their Bills photos,his computer is fried and I posted them for him and yes I have done the maurice from malaga lake through willow grove lake all the way to east point on delaware bay.The Muskee is the thrid tributary that starts with an M south of Millville.All three come in from the east side of the maurice.First menantico,then manumuskin and then muskee.all three enter the river in the vicinity of port elizaveth.muskee is the shortest of the three also outside of one house on the west bank above 47 it seems the wildest in it's boatable portion.
Al

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
actually their Bills photos,his computer is fried and I posted them for him Al

Alfie,

For future reference.

They're (THEY ARE) Bill's photos.

If the photos belong to more than one, it would be their photos.

There's no way the photos could be yours though, because you don't have my talent in squaring up a scene.

You are one handsome dude, though.

Sincerely,
Whip

PS I'm back online.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Isn't They're a short version of they are?as in they are bills?next time I'll just take credit as they are mine.
I wish i had been born into a different language.This one is so friggin contrary.I like Granny's english just fine.I had a sixth grade teacher that constantly berated me for using phrases like "I done did it" (in regards to my homework) and "I ain't got none" ( also sometimes in regard to my homework)and now I have you playing the doting english teacher.Next trip I'm wearing speedos,I'll see if your worried about my english then.
Next time you want directions on how to make a track on your gps I will give them in spanish since my english leaves somewhat to be desired.
Alfie

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
Alfie,

For future reference.

They're (THEY ARE) Bill's photos.

If the photos belong to more than one, it would be their photos.

There's no way the photos could be yours though, because you don't have my talent in squaring up a scene.

You are one handsome dude, though.

Sincerely,
Whip

Gently, Whip, go gently!

In my professional opinion, unsatisfactory pronoun usage, particularly in relationship to homonyms and/or in regard to referential confusion with nouns of multitude and personification, seems to accompany the type of personality disorder (Alfreda/Alberta/Alfalfa) with which our friend is alflicted. Of what consequence is grammar, after all? The photos are excellent, and, as you say, he’s decorative.

Glo

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Gently, Whip, go gently!

In my professional opinion, unsatisfactory pronoun usage, particularly in relationship to homonyms and/or in regard to referential confusion with nouns of multitude and personification, seems to accompany the type of personality disorder (Alfreda/Alberta/Alfalfa) with which our friend is alflicted. Of what consequence is grammar, after all? The photos are excellent, and, as you say, he’s decorative.

Glo

from now on I'm running all my replies to whip through glo.I think she may even have wordz you don't know Billy.