My first Pines romp since April

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
I haven't really gone anywhere Pines-related since my site camping trip back in April. Today I decided to put classes aside for once and just spend the day doing what I love. And let me tell you, it was probably the most stress-free day I've had since that trip in April.

Up first was Brooksbrae, a favorite spot of mine - such a favorite spot that it's where I gave Annie her ring last Christmas.
We then decided to check on the Union cemetery; I don't know if it's just me, but the trail seems to be receding a bit. Hopefully it is.
I wanted to see if the 539 rock was repainted or vandalized again, and I was surprised to see it was still an American flag, but painted much better this time around.
Then it was off to Hermann. Not much different there; same ol', same ol'. But that's a good thing. Annie said the cabin next to Hermann supposedly was used in a scene in Fallen. I can't find anything to confirm this though.
We were going to try to for Clark's Landing and the Mulliner grave posted a few days ago, but I had other priorities. Annie has never seen Clark's Landing, and I remember it being pretty flooded when I went there however long ago. Seeing the puddles on the way to Union, I figured Clark was probably unreachable for now. I keep forgetting that daylight is very limited this time of year, and we still had to get to the Belco area. So Joe & the Clarks will have to wait for another day.
I followed Boyd's directions - had a little trouble at first, but I managed - and found the cemetery in question. I really wish I could find the email that first mentioned it.
I quickly ran through Belco because I was hoping to get to a new place I found out about; I had coords for an abandoned sewage treatment place up the road maybe a mile from the park, so I figured why not. It was pretty cool; in some ways it reminded me of a mini Brooksbrae - just with a lot more poo in its history.

So all in all, a good day. With 5 hours of daylight, we hit up 5 places and found 2 new ones.