My geocache has been red tagged

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Today I received my notification. Interesting that I can get a one day pass to remove it. It is threatening a party beach here on the Wading.

red tagged.jpg

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
Yep, word from the Geocache community is that they are rejecting all Geocaches located in the areas were the MAP was in affect. Could they possibly piss off more people?

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
After reading that letter again.The "Park police will be stopping patrons from entering restricted areas, if noticed". Do we now have "restricted areas" in the WSF that I'm not aware of? Walking to a geo cache is illegal in certain areas? What if you're just walking in that area?

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is a concern that there is a mention of restricted area's. Most of you who spent time going to all or any of the meetings this past year can confirm that we were told we could access any location on foot. No mention of restricted area's. So we are now seeing another troubling issue that will again cause unnecessary problems. When will they learn!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We also may want to discuss the April 1 date. That could mean the rollout is planned for that date. I suspect we may have a busy spring ahead of us.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
What a bunch of sh%t.

I seriously can't believe the State is paying someone to sit there and analyze each and every cache location from behind a desk and then send out a letter on our dime. I wonder if they will have to formally permit themselves to retrieve all of that "litter" ?

I don't know if this link will work for everyone without a Geocaching account but this is a list of caches near Batsto. Almost every one is listed as disabled. Ironically, they still give you the location and cache description.
https://www.geocaching.com/play/search/@39.64179,-74.64766?origin=batsto+nj

In a ranking of problems facing the use of OUR State Forests, I say Geocaching ranks dead last in importance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Geocachers just might as well give up out there.