Mystery Contrivance Viewed On Google Earth

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

On Monday I get an email from bobpbx telling me he noticed a mystery contrivance while looking over aerials. My first impression was a truck and looking over somewhat older aerials it has been there a little while. Bob however disagreed and and wrote: "If that's a truck, I'm a horses ass!" "Well, we shall see. One of us is wrong."

The location in question.

truck.jpg

For various reasons I decided to go there today and unfortuanly Jessica did not sleep last night but still was a trooper and decided to go. Out of the house early we traveled there and promptly started walking the wrong way. Realizing my mistake we backtracked and headed forward.

Here we are crossing the beginnings of a very popular river. This is a place I need to put on sneakers and walk down in the dead of summer. Very nice!

DSC_4133a.jpg

We finally arrived and what do you think it was? Plenty of photos so we all can discuss what it is.

DSC_4134a.jpg

Blue, most likely NJ License Plate

DSC_4135a.jpg

DSC_4137a.jpg

DSC_4138a.jpg

DSC_4139a.jpg

DSC_4141a.jpg

DSC_4142a.jpg

DSC_4143a.jpg

DSC_4147a.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
With the tag on the door missing I would say it was stolen.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have not viewed anything that has the same front end. I will keep looking.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
What led me to the Ford was where the door lock is, below the crease in the sheet metal, and the little change in direction for the crease at the end of the door.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Yeah, now I see the locations for the blinker on the fender.

Come to think of it, my father in law used to lease lots in Lebanon state forest and cut oak. The guy he used to do the grunt work had a truck like that.

Last edited: