Nash's cabin trashed!

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
Yesterday my friend and I started out looking for Nash's cabin. I had been there a year ago and only once, so alot depended on memory. Many times I thought I had made the wrong turn, but I went straight to it! It was noon and you could still hear the frogs. I did not see any new evidence of beavers. I wonder if they are still there? But trash, trash, trash all over the ground. If I had any trash bags with me, I would have picked it up and took it with me. I will start carrying them with me. Alot of broken glass on the ground as well. This definately put a damper on my trip, but like I said, next time I will be prepared.

Rubibee

Scout
Dec 10, 2002
Moorestown, NJ
suresue592003 said:
If I had any trash bags with me, I would have picked it up and took it with me. I will start carrying them with me. Next time I will be prepared.

I think we will start doing the same. Hubby & I took about a dozen or so glass bottles out of the fenced in area at Harrisville this past Saturday. Would it have really killed these people to carry these bottles back to their cars? Oohh, this extra weight of this empty bottle will make drop dead right here, ooh no, better throw it over the fence stupid IDIOTS!!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I've also wondered about the beer bottles which you seem to find just about everywhere in the pines. Just last week I came across a nice little clearing somewhere deep in Wharton and it looked like nobody had been there for quite some time. But looking closer I found a pile of beer cans hidden behind some brush.

As I pondered, I think I realized why people do this. My guess is, more often than not, the cans and bottles come from some underaged drinkers who don't want to be caught with a trash bag full of empties in their trunk. For that matter, anybody who goes out to the woods, drinks a lot, then drives out probably doesn't want to haul around the evidence.

But it makes me mad as hell :(