Near Rockwood

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have discussed this before but never actually reached the location I wanted to visit. Today we did.

Behind the large private lot on Rockwood Road, East of 206, you can see some sort of old bog or disturbance.

We came in again from 206 and crossed the canal that Rooftree previously visited.

DSC_0871a.jpg

Right at the corner of the large private lot we cut the corner to not trespass. We could see someone had been making the path wider back there and figured it was the people at that lot. It is pretty remote and hard to get a car to. We made it to where we had before and fought our way through the briers and swamp and came to another large canal. As of yet I have not figured out what their purpose was. In any event, here is a view of the second canal which is much more remote.

DSC_0869a.jpg

DSC_0866b.jpg

More exploring is needed. As we were returning Jessica said she heard a car door. That would have been unlikely as we were far back there. Sure enough, as we walked back and picked up the trail we walked in on we ran into a 20 foot circle of corn in the trail. The people from the private lot had come back and dumped it as we were there. They had to have heard us talking and crashing through the woods.

Earlier, we were in Medford in the woods off of Jackson Road looking for an old stone. On the way back we found this.

DSC_0864b.jpg