new book.........best one yet

KARL

Scout
Sep 7, 2003
BARNEGAT
Visit site
hi gang.........just finished a small paper back book put out by the ocean county historical society,called living with the pine barrens.........by a jack cevetto.....................he lived in warren grove from about seventyfive years from 1908 to the late eighties...has died since..............his descriptions of the area, the roads and trails,are fascinating.............he even describes how the early pineys accomplished such things as moss gathering,and pine balling,and the tools used..........read this to get a real feeling for what it was like back then.............after reading this one,you wish all the old folks had written like this.......let me know how you like it..................and where i can buy a copy locally.......i m down in barnegat..........thanks, karl

KARL

Scout
Sep 7, 2003
BARNEGAT
Visit site
hi guy, many thanks for the info.........it made sense to contact them but i didnt know where..........its a gem,and i definately want it in my library......it does cover warren grove for the most part,but i found the part about the early indian sites espcially fascinating.......have you gotten a chance to read it........press on, karl

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
No I have not. But you make it sound like I should read it. Thanks.

Guy

B

BarryC

Hi Karl,
Marilyn Schmidt at Buzby's in Chatsworth carries this book. I have it and have read it. I agree that it's a good one.
Barry
KARL said:
hi gang.........just finished a small paper back book put out by the ocean county historical society,called living with the pine barrens.........by a jack cevetto.....................he lived in warren grove from about seventyfive years from 1908 to the late eighties...has died since..............his descriptions of the area, the roads and trails,are fascinating.............he even describes how the early pineys accomplished such things as moss gathering,and pine balling,and the tools used..........read this to get a real feeling for what it was like back then.............after reading this one,you wish all the old folks had written like this.......let me know how you like it..................and where i can buy a copy locally.......i m down in barnegat..........thanks, karl