New Cars

B

BarryC

Actually that's a pretty good looking car. There are a handful of new or newer cars that I like.
But generally speaking I can't stand new cars. I haven't liked new cars since the 80s. My ultimate dream car would be a `59 Cadillac, any model.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
The 80s were like the dark ages of automotive design.

Cars stopped looking nice around 1970. They only started looking good again in the late 1990s.

I like the new Chrysler Crossfire.

B

bach2yoga

njvike said:
http://autoshow.edmunds.yahoo.com/news/autoshow/articles/100916/page001.html?tid=yahoo.e.autoshow..leftnav.2.*

I don't know about you but my next car is the Chrylse ME; right after I wind the lottery, of course :)

248 MPH/2.6 0-60 and 10.2 in the 1/4. EEEEWOOOOOO

that is one beauuuuuuuuuutiful car!!! Funny, none of the others on that page really appeal to me.

Renee

KenDawg

Scout
Aug 10, 2003
South Jersey
I like the Ford Cobra, 6.4 liter, V10, 605 horse power & 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds. Yeehaa ! But, I don't think it will make it to Calico.

B

BarryC

Actually, I could probably count on one hand all of the new cars that have appealed to me since the 80s. I think they've been getting progressively uglier since then. Right now they are at their worst, although the 40s were pretty bad too.
With the popularity of today's cars, I doubt there are many people who agree with me on this though. 8)
For SUV's I think the ugliest are the Pontiac Aztec and Honda Element. Then a close third would be the Chevy Avalanche and its Cadillac variant.
Again, just my opinions.
Give me an extended cab early 90s F-250 Ford Powerstroke and a `59 Cadillac Coupe deVille and I'd be happy. :p
bruset said:

Cars stopped looking nice around 1970. They only started looking good again in the late 1990s.

TRA

Aug 10, 2003
Mt. Holly
BarryC said:
Actually, I could probably count on one hand all of the new cars that have appealed to me since the 80s. I think they've been getting progressively uglier since then. Right now they are at their worst, although the 40s were pretty bad too.
With the popularity of today's cars, I doubt there are many people who agree with me on this though. 8)
For SUV's I think the ugliest are the Pontiac Aztec and Honda Element. Then a close third would be the Chevy Avalanche and its Cadillac variant.
Again, just my opinions.
Give me an extended cab early 90s F-250 Ford Powerstroke and a `59 Cadillac Coupe deVille and I'd be happy. :p
bruset said:

I agree that GM cars really sucked in the 80's. The only thing different about their sedans were the emblems and the prices. GM tried to pull a fast one on the consumers. GM deserved the lousy decade they got. Chrysler hit a home run with the Crossfire. It shares a lot of mechanicals with the littlest of Mercedes roadsters. I might be dating myself, but my first car was a 1947 Lincoln V-12 coupe. Oil came in glass bottles and gas was still under 25 cents per. Tom (Pine Barrens enthusiast and car nut)

alfonso

Explorer
Oct 9, 2003
bayville
Visit site
i got a new, used hyundai exel 1993 .my new work car no dents no rust 80;000 miles and very small . and it was free .40 miles per gallon and holds about 12 gallons of gas , looks like it just came out of the show room . but am thinking about buying a new jeep ruebacon for me and my wife.