New Film on Blueberries

Folks:

Here is an announcement I just received:

The Mighty Humble Blueberry Documentary
Available at www.aboutblueberries.com NOW!
Directed by Nancy O’Mallon and scored by her longtime colleague, Andrew Ingkavet, the 45-minute documentary unearths the history of the versatile, delicious American blueberry and the story of the woman who dedicated her life to bringing the fruit into cultivation. Accompanied by an enchanting original music score, the film interweaves historic photographs, interviews, and dramatic narration and illustrations to tell the story of blueberry cultivation during the early twentieth century in the New Jersey Pine Barrens.

The documentary was screened at many national and international film festivals, and won two awards. "I started my blueberry research in 1998 on the Internet, and kept a blog throughout the production of the documentary. After considering 4 or 5 various offers of distribution from large and reputable organizations, we realized the Internet will be the best home for The Mighty Humble Blueberry." said O'Mallon.

“Nancy O’Mallon is a master at capturing both the history and the art of agriculture. Her documentary has been enthusiastically received by our blueberry growers,” said Mark Villata, Executive Director, U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council, “and serves us well in showing both the historical significance's of our industry while at the same time creating a greater appreciation among viewers of what it takes to bring blueberries to their table.”

“O’Mallon’s film will go a long way towards increasing our knowledge about blueberry farming,” said Leslie Burger, Past President, American Library Association, “in an informative and entertaining treatment of this subject.”

More information about About Harvest, LLC is available at www.aboutharvest.com, a leading Web site on the Internet.

CONTACTS:
Nancy O’Mallon, About Harvest, LLC, 201-456-2884

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Blueberries

Florida and Georgia blueberries must be of the same cultivar as they are identical: med.-large sized fruit (diminutive compared to NJ blues), mild flavor (as opposed to Jersey's robust), and seedy ( nearly nonexistent in Jersey's). Still, they are tasty if you can get past the seeds locking into the interproximals of your teeth. I always look forward to the Blues from Hammonton here at our local Publix supermarket! And SO good for you with all dem antioxidants. Who would have thought something so tasty could be good for you at the same time!:D