New Ford Bronco

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
The first truck is located in Chile, so do be alarmed by the prices. The exchange rate of the peso to the dollar is $535 to $1, so the prices don't seem to bad for a diesel. If only small diesel trucks were more popular in the US. Ford makes a diesel Ranger but only for export. I want one.;)

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
My son Nick had one. I always remember that I never felt more comfortable sitting in a vehicle. The seating and it's relationship to the controls, as well as the general feel of it was perfect.

I had an 86 Bronco and ditto Bob's comments above. One of the best trucks I ever owned.

Trailhead00

Explorer
Mar 9, 2005
Haddonfield, NJ
There are many cars and a few trucks that have retro styling. A short list would be - Mustang, Gt40, Thunderbird, S-type Jaguar, Fiat 500, HHR, SSR pickup, Pt Cruiser, VW Beetle, Mini Cooper, Prowler, 300c, Charger, FJ, Camaro, Challenger and more. Shelby's ducts, spoilers, and hoods on his mustangs are styled after his mid sixties designs. Vehicle graphics are reminiscent of the past. I saw a Jeep Golden Eagle in the Dodge dealer's showroom and bumblebee stripes on a Hemi pickup. The retro style is a trend now.

Wow, you're right. I forgot about most of those cars and for good reason. I think we have been so enamored with cars here in the US, it's like an emotional attachment. Either you make a practical car and then every single one looks like a rebadged Camry or you try and tug on the heart of Americans by evoking the past.

It doesn't matter though, ultimately if the car is aesthetically and mechanically poorly designed it will fail. Examples: Thunderbird, S-Type, HHR, SSR, PT Cruiser and Prowler. Some real junk right there.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
It can be hard to except a car that has a modern design. It is future shock. The new Nissan Juke is a good example. It is considered ugly by American tastes but popular in other countries. The Hyundai Velocitor is making a impact with the younger buyers, so possibly tastes are changing. We will have to wait and see. However, thirty miles to the gallon city driving is terrific.

Trailhead00

Explorer
Mar 9, 2005
Haddonfield, NJ
It can be hard to except a car that has a modern design. It is future shock. The new Nissan Juke is a good example. It is considered ugly by American tastes but popular in other countries. The Hyundai Velocitor is making a impact with the younger buyers, so possibly tastes are changing. We will have to wait and see. However, thirty miles to the gallon city driving is terrific.

I actually like the Juke, I think it's a cool looking ride.

Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
Bought a well used 1985 red and white Ford Bronc0 Eddie Bauer edition with the 351W motor with 4 Barrel carburetor (vacumm secondaries) and locking hubs back in the early 1990's....loved the truck. Great comfortable ride. A little too wide for exploring the narrow Pines trails but otherwise one of my favorite vehicles.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I had a 1975 with a 302 and 3 on the tree. In the Summer I liked driving around with the top and doors removed and once with the windshield folded down.

Ha! I once took the top off my 75 Jeep CJ5, put down the windshield, and and drove from Mount Misery to the bogs behind Lebanon Lakes while standing up. I had one foot outside on the running board to balance it out. It was a summer day, and the fresh wind and tunes blaring from the speakers brought a whole new meaning to freedom. Oh, the things we do when young.

cj.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You need to go back to that same spot and get a photo with your current truck.

Reactions: Ben Ruset