New Forum Software

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
No problems on Safari on the Mac. But I did get an error with Firefox (some old version) on Windows. I had forgotten about that since I mostly use the Mac now, but yes I have seen this before. But it's slightly different than you describe. The message in the alert box says

Could not load GPX document [object MozURLProperty]

There is an OK button in the box that must be clicked but the map does completely load. And yes, the whole map page gets sort of a blue tint until you click the OK button.

I have a Windows 7 tablet that I very rarely use but it has Chrome on it. I couldn't get the site to work properly at all on that tablet, when I opened this thread I couldn't scroll the page. Weird. It's an old version of Chrome and I have only used it when I need to download software, etc.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
The problem is with the links in those posts. If a GPX file is not specified, the URL needs to end with a &gpx=. In the Calico Ridge thread, Jeff's link doesn't include the equals sign. In the other link it says &gpx=undefined which I don't know how/why they got that link.

It looks like Firefox and Safari will ignore the bad link but Chrome complains.