New Jerseys Cranberries Thriving

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice article Jim. I was looking at Fred Millers from my car window before going to the Atsion outing and they look nice.

Guy

Oct 25, 2006
I just made up a large pitcher of Cranberry Juice from the Berries that Stephen Lee gave to me when he invited me to the Harvest last October.

They were in my freezer, i added the necessary water to the blender, filtered the product through cheese cloth and now me and the family are enjoying the end result pulp free. It is great chilled.

Guy, thanks for reminding me about Fred, i will be calling him sometime in September.

Jim

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Cranberry Juice recipe

Jim,
What is the ratio of water to cranberries? I love fresh, unsweetened cranberry juice and would like to give it a try.
Thanks

Oct 25, 2006
Jim,
What is the ratio of water to cranberries? I love fresh, unsweetened cranberry juice and would like to give it a try.
Thanks

I added a quart and a half of water to a lb. of berries, i am still adding water after consuming 16 oz. of the product at a time, the cheesecloth is great for the filtering.

Jim

Frolickin

Explorer
Apr 21, 2003
Millville, NJ
rdowens.net
Nice article. I've wanted to witness cranberry picking. In the past I know some folks here have gone up and seen this. Does anyone know how to arrange this? I would enjoy photographing the process.

Oct 25, 2006
Nice article. I've wanted to witness cranberry picking. In the past I know some folks here have gone up and seen this. Does anyone know how to arrange this? I would enjoy photographing the process.

IMG_0704.jpg

Check out in my photo albums Speedwell Cranberry Harvest, i was there last October.

Jim

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ

Double Trouble SP sets aside dates for public viewing of the harvest held there by the Jeffrey's Branch Cranberry Company. It is a wet harvest and last year ran from Oct 13 to around the 19th. The dates usually get posted here in early October. No problems viewing as you can get nice and close.

2949726074_8407cf521c_o.jpg

2948885497_b3845df362_o.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I was at Double Trouble SP yesterday and the cranberry harvest tentitivley begins around Oct 10 and should last for about a week, depending on conditions. The park will have a recorded message at 732-341-4098 near the beginning of October, but I'd call twice a week beginning 10/1 if there is interest. Lots of berries in the bogs :D