New OS for Mac Users

Windsor

Scout
Aug 11, 2005
Somerdale
The Time Machine feature reminds me of XP's System Restore. I don't think you can selectively choose the items to restore in XP though... As a network admin with about 50 MACs on my network, I was really hoping the next OS rev would include some decent integration into Active Directory.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Since I am just an individual user I never even think of the updates for Networks, even though it seems to me when each new OS comes out and I read the updates, all the new features seem to be in that direction.

I can see where this feature would be a tremendous help to you.

Guy

Windsor

Scout
Aug 11, 2005
Somerdale
Yes, I think it would be advantageous for Apple to try and make the MACS a little more friendly in the Wintel evironment. They've made some great leaps forward by switching to the Intel processors and supporting BootCamp so that the machines can run WinXP. I installed VirtualPC on a Power PC iMac at work and it really worked well.

We have a photo studio at work as well as an art department. Those guys thrive on MAC and swear by them. I can see why they'd like some of the applications like, Aperature, etc. MACS are what these people used in school and it's tough to get them to use anything else.

People seem to really like the way the MACS look, feel, etc. I think if Apple could in some way fully support a fully dual boot OSX and Windows machine and market it as such that they could really compete with some of the heavy hitters - even the likes of Dell. We will see what Mr. Jobs has in mind, but I think his main area of concern now is the iPod.