New Photo's in the Gallery

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Wolfspider05,

I noticed your photo's that were recently posted in the Gallery and thought I would give you some info on the building foundation shown in them at Bear Swamp Hill.

That is not just any foundation, it was the bathrooms :) At one time Bear Swamp Hill was a very popular place, but after the downing of the tower by the plane the place fell on hard times so to speak. The below photo's I took in the late 70's when the bathrooms were still intact. You can see the foundation at the bottom in the first photo.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/islandtee/bsb1.jpg

This was taken on the opposite side where the entrance was.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/islandtee/bsb2.jpg

I had made up a "Then and Now" Photo but can't seem to find it at this moment. I will look for it and post it.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Actually I think I have the left photo mirrored improperly. Oh well.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I always hated those kind of bathrooms. Shall I go into detail about it? Well, its like this, first the sour smell hits you, followed by the cold reality that there is no running water (kind of depresses you there), then you notice all the tissue on the floor with you know what on it, then........

wolfspider05

Explorer
Nov 12, 2004
Riverside Nj
Hey everybody, i'm new to the site and I love it. I was wondering what the foundation may have been. Thats great, that you have photos of them when the building stood. Thats great stuff. I've looked through everyone's albums and you have some great pics in there, keep up the great work. In a few weeks I will have more pics to post of misc. places in the pines, i'm just waiting for time to get back out there. I took a trip out to the Brooksbrae Factory in Pasendena a few nights back, i've noticed that there were about 20 or so bats that have made their homes in the tunnels for hibernation I am guessing. I am going to go back and see if I can get a few pics of them, I just don't want to wake them up. I wish I had my camera when I was there.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Glad to see you enjoy Ben's site, and the pines.

I actually have a photo of a bat in the tunnel there, but it is on a slide and I don't have the scanner right now.

Guy