New study on Lyme Disease

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
Learned yesterday that a 79 year old friend I worked with for years has "Stage 3 Lyme". He cannot do anything, must be fed by someone, spends his days staring at the ceiling, but his brain is evidently functioning on a mental basis. He can speak, altho very slowly, recognizes people and pictures. Terribly sad if you know how active and energetic he once was. Some here may know about him - as a side line he ran a rhododendron business in Voorhies - Hillhouse Farm - and had an azalea cultivar named after him - Theodore S. Stecki. Be careful, Lyme is nothing to fool around with.

Oct 14, 2009
Little Egg Harbor
Ticks carry lots of other diseases to watch out for. About 5 yrs ago, my 80 yr old Mother had Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Babesiosis from a cat rubbing on her leg and depositing a tick on her. Weird symptoms. When she got to the er I asked for all tick testing. It took them a week to get an infectious disease dr to order the tests. She went from fetal position and seeing fire on the walls, to walking and talking sensibly within 6 hrs of starting proper antibiotics.

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
I was hospitalized in 2006 with Erlichiosis and Babesiosis; my wife has mammal protein sensitivity (she can't eat beef without violent allergic reactions, others can't eat meat from any mammal) for last couple of years due to tick bites. Do NOT fool around with tick bites.......