NJ Eastern Kingsnakes...

getula

Aug 27, 2004
Im looking for photo's of Eastern Kings or Chain Kings as they are sometimes called. If you have any pics of these snakes I would like to use them on my website "The Eastern King Resource Site". Any pics you may have please include the following info: County and approx. size . I dont need to know the exact spot the King was found in as that would possibly tip off any would be poachers but just a county. My site is strictly educational and non commercial.

Here is a link to my site
http://www.kingsnake.com/easternkingsnake/

Thanks

Keith Hillson
easternkingsnake@charter.net

Here is a pic
-
nj27.jpg

Atlantic Co., NJ - Photo by Tom Dickinson

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Nice site you have Kieth. A question:

The one from Burlington County (yearling) is on a slab of rock you would be hard-pressed to say can be found in Burlington County. Do they take them elswhere and stage the photo sometimes?

Also, what is you guys like about these snakes? I'm just curious, really.

getula

Aug 27, 2004
Kings

I just find them fascinating and beautiful. Yes the snake on the rock slab is a Captive Born animal so its never even seen the Pine Barrens. Is FRM an acronym for Forked River Mountain ? I saw a King pic with FRM on it on here and was curious. There is a pic in the gallery here on this site of an Eastern King (its labeled as a Water though) in a folder marked FMR from gerry3 or Gerry Lingner . Do you know him ? Also is the FRM all in one county ? If so what one ? Atlantic Co. ?

Regards,

Keith

Here is that pic by Gerry Lingler
aae.jpg

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Kings

getula said:
I just find them fascinating and beautiful. Yes the snake on the rock slab is a Captive Born animal so its never even seen the Pine Barrens. Is FRM an acronym for Forked River Mountain ? I saw a King pic with FRM on it on here and was curious. There is a pic in the gallery here on this site of an Eastern King (its labeled as a Water though) in a folder marked FMR from gerry3 or Gerry Lingner . Do you know him ? Also is the FRM all in one county ? If so what one ? Atlantic Co. ?

Regards,

Keith

Yes, FRM is the Forked River Mountains. Gerry posted those photos at least a year ago. I don't know him. A couple of us knew he was off the mark, but did not want to correct him, he seems like a nice guy. I have lived a couple miles from the Forked River Mountains (Ocean County) for 22 years, and have never seen a King Snake. Have seen pine snakes, racers, rattlers, rough green,and garter, but nothing else..........