North, South or Central?

ninemileskid

Explorer
Sep 14, 2014
Oh, it's definitely a cultural thing! Worked with a fellow from Tuckahoe (definitely South Jersey) for a bit, we ran into a friend of his one day and the conversation got around to trapping rats. No problem, people trap rats. Then it turned to "you eat'em?" "Nope, not since mom died, she knew how to cook 'em." Now I'm a little freaked......till I come to find out they were talking about muskrats. Never did have an opportunity to try it but I think I would have. I've eaten things cause they smells good, or I'm curious, or so I could say I did and sometimes just to be polite.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Anything north of 195 is north jersey anything south of it is south jersey. I am from the south.

You are right on target.

Jsplit.PNG

Reactions: Pinesbucks

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The 195 is a good divider but it's artificial.I always consider a line drawn SW to NE from the bend in the Delaware at Bordentown to the Mouth of the Raritan River to be the dividing line between North and South.Now if you want to slice in a central jersey somewhere in there that has always been a vague area to me but the shape of the state seems to lend a hand in saying it is where I just described.That would be a great place for the line to be drawn at secession from North Jersey.

bushwacker

Scout
May 18, 2009
port republic
I think I would draw the line from bordentown to the mouth of the navesink river for the northern border of the south. the centers north is the raritan river to 287 to 78.