Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I failed to do a search for his name. So mowergod is dead. That post does not make him seem as the comments in his obit makes him out to be :)

Reactions: Sue Gremlin

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Rest in peace Phillip. Some of your posts were priceless, like this one you made about Horner:

"Oh for the love of God someone tell him to take a LONG walk off a short pier with several bricks tied to his damn feet! Or someone sew his damn mouth shut."

• Haha
Reactions: manumuskin and Boyd

Don Catts

Explorer
Aug 5, 2012
Indian Mills
George Flemming Obituary June 6, 1935 ~ April 1, 2024 (age 88)

George was my next-door neighbor and a great friend!

George D. Flemming, 88, of Tega Cay, SC, passed away on April 1, 2024, after bravely facing the challenges of Alzheimer's disease.

George was born on June 6, 1935, in Philadelphia, PA and lived the majority of his life as a resident of southern New Jersey. For the past 13 years he was a resident of Tega Cay, SC. After George graduated from Audubon High School, he went on to study business at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.

After his schooling, George enjoyed a 45-year career at Equifax as a licensed professional insurance fraud investigator working a variety of investigations involving arson, burglary, suicide, death, bodily injury, slip and fall, among other types in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware.

George was passionate about many things, including a love of historical and genealogical research and participated in numerous archaeological excavations over many years. He was a charter and life member of the Indian Mills Historical Society, a member of the Burlington, Gloucester, and Salem County historical societies in New Jersey, the Archaeological Society of New Jersey, and Eastern States Archaeological Federation.

He had numerous published works in southern New Jersey newspapers such as the Central Record, Batsto Citizens Gazette, and Courier-Post and was the author of two local history books: Shamong (Arcadia Publishing) and Brotherton, New Jersey’s First and Only Indian Reservation and the Communities of Shamong and Tabernacle That Followed (Plexis Publishing). One of his fondest memories was when the Archaeological Society adopted his suggestion to erect signage commemorating the 200th anniversary of the Brotherton reservation in October 1958. It still stands today outside the Indian Mills United Methodist Church.

George is survived by his loving wife of 35 years, Doris S. Flemming; sister, Evelyn Flemming; sons, Shawn Flemming and Shane Flemming; daughters, Ruth Berwick and Judy Dowell; step-children, Joan Ward and Charlotte Della Vecchia; grandchildren, Joshua Dowell, Laura Unangst, Kyle Flemming, Justin Flemming, Austin Flemming, Tessa Flemming, and Ashlyn Flemming, step-grandchildren Lindsey Della Vecchia, Anthony Della Vecchia, Nicholas Della Vecchia, Thomas Ward, and Randy Ward, as well as his great-grandchildren. George was predeceased by his father Edward C. Flemming, mother Doris I. Flemming, son Scott Flemming, and daughter Joyce Flemming.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am sorry to hear that Don. I met him at the first or second Lines of the pines when he set at our table. He grew up in Audubon and knew my uncle fairly well. My dad was older so he was not familiar with him.

I see you have been visiting us here of late and it is nice to see.

Reactions: Boyd and Don Catts

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
I am sorry to hear that as well. I have his book on Brotherton.

I just recently took a picture of the mentioned sign, when I was over there checking out the old Indian Mills Pizza building.

A7509074.jpg

Reactions: Don Catts

Don Catts

Explorer
Aug 5, 2012
Indian Mills
I am sorry to hear that as well. I have his book on Brotherton.

I just recently took a picture of the mentioned sign, when I was over there checking out the old Indian Mills Pizza building.

View attachment 22517

Yes George was very instrumental in have that sign put up and at a very early age, he was only about 20. As a kid after school he would ride his bicycle out here from Audubon to look for arrowheads and Indian Artifacts.

P.S. What’s the latest on the Indian Mills Pizza building, aka “General Store”

Reactions: Boyd

Don Catts

Explorer
Aug 5, 2012
Indian Mills
I am sorry to hear that Don. I met him at the first or second Lines of the pines when he set at our table. He grew up in Audubon and knew my uncle fairly well. My dad was older so he was not familiar with him.

I see you have been visiting us here of late and it is nice to see.
Yes Guy, I have been revisiting the NJPB site. You know Nick Muscella the state historian for Atsion, well he pulled me out of retirement talking about the history of Atsion. I have been on the site refreshing my memory.