[Oct 23, 2011] 10th Annual Pine Barrens Cleanup (Shamong NJ)

yellowdog69

Oct 11, 2006
Thanks to all who attended!!!!...we OVER filled two 30 cubic yard dumpsters --[they had to smash them down with a backhoe]

Painted some bridges..

ate 15oo wings ...

and bought 5 bycycles and a truck load of toys for disadvantaged kids with the raffle and 50/50 money ...

BTW ..the saturday night pot luck dinner at my cabin was AWESOME

again THANKS ALL ..and see ya OCT 28th next year

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I heard about the clean-up two days before the event.Had a previous event i had to attend.Iknow i could have mustered out a few crews.Been there with the Enduro gang many times.Good event cleaning up behind a bunch of stupid slobs.

Yeah Bill I know most Enduro clubs clean up real well.I used to live in Belleplain and I know the Greenbriar is not cleaned up well afterwards or it wasn't in the 80's,perhpas now.Used to leave arrows and water jugs everywhere and the spectators left beer cases everywhere but on the other hand I have a friend that is in the club that does the ":Sandy Ridge" out of the club on 563 in Green Bank and his club seems to clean up very well.I did get run off the road once at hampton furnace by another club.I was coming around a sharp bend in my suv and no flaggers,no signs,no nothing,here came about a dozen of em ripping around the corner and they almost went over my hood and thru the windshiled,I swerved left and dropped in an axle breaking hole in the edge of the road and into the swamp.My first time in the woods with a brand new suzuki vitara.The beast took it.Had to put it in low 4 to get out,thought for sure i broke something.It wasn't the bikers fault,it was whoever ran the damn event,almost cost some lives.Guess it's like everything else in this world,some care and some don't.
Al

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
My wife and I cleaned a pretty good stretch of the woods down here in Pestletown.

Nice work, Scott! Planned on coming, but ended up having to work. Glad to hear you and Dot were able to patrol the local haunts. Sorry I missed you.

John-

Y-BUC-BILL

Explorer
Mar 9, 2007
Yo Al......I am going back a few years.The first Enduro I worked on was a two day 500 mile National Championship Year 1947.Promoted by the Meteor M.C......Sandy Lane Enduro.That was when the Wharton Estate belonged to the Wharton's. Leeson Small was the caretaker and lived in Atsion.Fast Forward A lot of Motorcycle Enduro Clubs have come and gone.Takes a lot to run an Enduro today.I belong to the South Jersey Enduro Riders.We put on the Curly Fern Enduro.
All the clubs that promote events clean up when the day is done.The big 4 wheelers and ATV'S. do more damage to the Forest .then all the cycles combined.They answer to no one,till they are caught.Bill

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
It was a great time and we did getto do a couple of bridges. Ray and I got a few on carranza.
ray painting.jpg