Old Half Way

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

If you travel to Old Half Way (Hidden Lakes) in the future, you should check out the western side of the eastern lake for a strange sight.

OldHalfWayCar.jpg

OldHalfWayEast.jpg

Below is a photo from the 70's of the same location but looking the opposite way.. I was surprised to notice that the area where my vehicle is located is now grown over to the point where a vehicle can't get there. I never expected to see that when I searched out this photo and looked at it.

HalfWay.JPG

You may also want to visit the western lake on a sunny day because it really looks nice, except for a few scattered damaged cars.

OldHalfWayWest.jpg

Guy

J

JeffD

You must stop using your GPS unit while driving through the woods, Guy! :wink: Maybe that's why the government is going to shut down the GPS satellite.

Seriously though, Hidden Lakes/Old Halfway sounds like a good place. Maybe I'll check it out someday if I can find it.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
JeffD said:
Seriously though, Hidden Lakes/Old Halfway sounds like a good place. Maybe I'll check it out someday if I can find it.

Yes Jeff it is an interesting place. I visited there many times.

Guy

Guy,
I took almost that very same shot of that car in the lake last week when I was there. When I was there yesterday there was a new wreck at the east lake that was not there last week. Looks like someone had a lot of fun with it.

Steve

bruset said:
Old Half Way was really cool. I can see why it was such a party spot.

Ben,

Back in the day it was a major party place. If you went there on a Friday or Saturday night or any night in the summer, it would not be unusual to find 40 or 50 people there. I camped and partied there many times. I can't believe I used to take my Dad's '70 Olds 98 out there. Maybe one of these days I should tell him. :D

Steve---Who ashamedly admits to depositing many a beer bottle there in those days but finds and carries them out now. (not the same ones. :wink: )

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Behr,

I think Guy knows. We saw it on the topo map when we were there on Saturday and skipped it since there supposedly wasn't much there.

I should start a pictoral essay on all of the burnt/stolen cars in the Pine Barrens.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Just like you I did not know that until I saw it on Terraserver.com. I just checked my records and I looked for it on December 15th of last year and found it. I was with Ed who is a member on this site and we just walked to it and quickly left. I mentioned to Ben on Saturday when we were there about it, but we did not go to it. The next time I am there I will photograph it for my collection. I will be going there soon to find a marker that I believe to be near the eastern lake. It was a little out of our way for Ben and I to search it out Saturday.

Guy