Old Items

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

A few years back a woman that Lost Town Hunter and I know gave me a large quanity of documents from the shore area consisiting of deeds, newspaper articles, wedding announcements, checks, etc. They are mostly deeds from Manahauken, Harvey Cedars, West Creek, and Warren Grove. After looking them over I have decided to pass them on to Lost Town Hunter to examine, and while looking back through them today I found a few that I found interesting.

Stafford Township Fire Warden of 1912.

IMAG0020.JPG

A bank check written out to Eayre Oliphant. You may recognize that name from one of my posts years ago when I found one of his property stones. I am uncertain if the check and stone are from father or son who had the same name. The son died 1/21/1903 and the father was officiating weddings as far back as 1819 or earlier.

IMAG0022.JPG

His signature on the back.

IMAG0023.JPG

The EO (Eayre Oliphant) stone most likely owned by the son. It is located right near Hidden Lakes (Old Half Way) in the Greenwood Forest.

Eayre%20Oliphant%20Stone.JPG

And the back of this check shows the signature of Charles Green Rockwood who has ties to the town of Rockwood south of Atsion off of 206.

IMAG0025.JPG