One More (for the road)

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I've always questioned the naming of this bar. I recall it was named something different before this (I thought it had "for the road" on the end). I've never been inside. Any of you?

1708273127171.png

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I believe the owner is the son of Wallace Russell. Wallace is one of the owners of the Pic. A buddy of mine was just there recently and said the food was very good. I remember a couple of different names for that place over the last 40 years but I can't think of one of them.

The extent of my bar adventures north of the Pic were the Villa D, formerly Tabernacle Inn, now Steak 38, and The Corral in Easthampton'ish, That was all in the in the early to mid 80's when I was young and stupid. Thank God I lived long enough to be old and stupid. :)

Reactions: Trailwalker

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Yes, I was at the Villa D in the disco period about twice. My main bar was the four mile tavern at 70/72 circle. When I look back, I can say I stopped carousing bars in about 1980. That Corral reference has me stumped. Is that north of 70 on 206?

Oriental

Explorer
Apr 21, 2005
One More was Brenton's and before that Fett's. When I was a kid it was called Giby's presumably for someone named Giberson. Fett's had "dancing girls" for awhile. Only started going once it was Brenton's and we started living nearby.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That's the one I was thinking of. Back then I lived in Presidential Lakes and we'd go to Gregorys in Mount Holly for school clothes and see that bar hunkered down there. Do you recall Gregory's? Not sure if I spelled it right.

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
As mentioned it’s a relative of the pic, and the wing sauce is similar (Good).
Was going to say I thought it was a strip joint 20something years ago LoL

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
That's the one I was thinking of. Back then I lived in Presidential Lakes and we'd go to Gregorys in Mount Holly for school clothes and see that bar hunkered down there. Do you recall Gregory's? Not sure if I spelled it right.

Blue jeans and Converse Allstars.

Reactions: bobpbx

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
I remember going to Gregory’s as a kid in the 60s, and there was another in, I think, Burlington.