Ong's Hat Trail

Gerania

Explorer
May 18, 2004
Marlton
Anybody here ever check out Dot and Brooks Evert Memorial Train? The trail head is about 3/4 of a mile above where where Ong's Hat Rd. starts at Magnolia Rd.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I'm not familar with that either. When you say ""3/4 of a mile above Ongs Hat rd/ Magnolia intersection" do you mean north, as if coming from the rt72/70 circle? I've been in the woods there before, I recall it is very muddy. South of Ongs Hat there is a old white pine nursery that is quite nice.

Jeff

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
That place is great. I've only ever gotten to finish it once though, since any other time it was flooded about halfway through. I saw an old, old stove (I think it was a stove anyway) along the trail, and behind it were several old mason jars. Wonder how it got out there.

Piney Boy

Explorer
Sep 19, 2005
Williamstown, NJ
I know exactly were you mean! That was quite awhile ago for me being out there. Guess somebody figured that was as good a place as any to get rid of their unwanted stuff.

Gerania

Explorer
May 18, 2004
Marlton
Yes, that's it. About 3/4 of a mile from the intersection driving north, on the right. The trail isn't too long, about 1 3/4 miles if I remember correctly what I read. I found the trail head and opened the wooden box which was supposed to contain trail information (wasn't expecting to find any) and really tick off the wasps living inside. I waited back by the road for a while but they just weren't settling down so I left, figured I'd just go back another time.

woodjin said:
I'm not familar with that either. When you say ""3/4 of a mile above Ongs Hat rd/ Magnolia intersection" do you mean north, as if coming from the rt72/70 circle? I've been in the woods there before, I recall it is very muddy. South of Ongs Hat there is a old white pine nursery that is quite nice.

Jeff