Oops

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
I know that curve by the tree farm and horse ranch. It is deceiving and you don't realize how sharp it is until your in it.
I've been on that road during the week when Claytons is in operation and yes those trucks hall ass full and empty. I admit to doing 55-60 on the straights and quite often I have one of those trucks on my ass that "came out of nowhere".
To my knowledge these are all independent operators and yes they are paid by the load. There are 2 sand pits side by side but Clayton is the most active. I assume this is who the trucker was hauling for. Clayton is by no means "questionable".

The report says he was hauling cement. I don't see cement in the photos but sand for cement. I don't believe there is cement [dry] making facilities at the sand pit, but could be wrong.

T

Toothy Critter

I saw one run off the road and nail the trees. Them be crazy

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
I haven't been that way for maybe 2+ years. The road was repaved? The trucks flew on the old road!
I guess the RR still ends at Mt. Misery rd? Will it ever be extended to Claytons?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
It never physically ended there, the rails were never removed. The intersection was upgraded and there was cleaning and repairs to the rail line up to Claytons sometime ago.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
It never physically ended there, the rails were never removed. The intersection was upgraded and there was cleaning and repairs to the rail line up to Claytons sometime ago.

Yes, poor choice of words. What I meant was the refurbishing of the tracks ended at Mt. Misery rd. When I was last there, some work on the other side of Misery rd towards Claytons was underway replacing ties and clearing brush. Was that work ever completed to Claytons? I know a new bridge over the S branch of Mt. Misery creek was needed.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009

Yes, poor choice of words. What I meant was the refurbishing of the track ended at Mt. Misery. When I was last there, some work on the other side of Misery rd towards Claytons was geing do

edit: After re-reading Boyd's link, the Hudson tunnel being cancelled, thus no need for Clayton to rr the sand. However as mentioned this was just over 2+ years ago, 3 at the most I was there. I guess those trucks are delivering sand to Claytons concrete plants?

Last edited:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I guess thats why they call it a DUMP truck?

THIS, is a dump truck.

plumber34.jpg

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
I used to work as a service tech for a sewage pump company. We had alot of residential grinder pumps out there. I heard them all...."no dump stops our pump" & "we're #1 in the #2 business" were a few that come to mind.
Worst part of that job wasn't poo but a lot of the units were near the shore. The Greenhead's & 'Skeeter's seemed to know you were wearing rubber gloves & your hands were covered with all things that go down the toilet & drain. Couldn't very well swat them away!!!! I'd finish my work day covered in welts!