OpenTrailsNJ Volunteer Work

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I agree. They are the best hope to keep the communications open with the DEP and others.

Reactions: Ben Ruset

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
Hi everyone, the State Park Service is looking for an estimated headcount of who is interested in participating by Friday. I noticed the date at the Open Trails page was incorrect. It was set as 1/25, but the event is actually 1/23 at 9:00 AM, temperatures permitting. If you are interested and on Facebook, the best thing to do would be to head over to that event on our FB page and indicate your interest in attending there:

https://www.facebook.com/events/886647628099394/

If you're not on FB, you can post your interest here and I'll give more specifics as they get finalized.

BTW- This particular event is not an Open Trails sponsored event, but we are very actively working on one with the State Park Service. More details to come on that, stay tuned! :)

Reactions: smoke_jumper

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
click on the link and go down to "open trails ideas for Wharton State Forest" A very well organized and precise plan. I would encourage everyone to seriously consider "getting on board" with these people.
Thanks for the support, woodjin! A lot of the ideas in that document were gathered from this very community. We have a lot of sensible and reasonable folks here that see the need to balance protecting Wharton, while still supporting a reasonable amount of access.

Reactions: TheePackRat

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I thought the date seemed odd during the week. Saturday is a much better day. I am not sure I commit yet unfortuantly.