Oswego River

Lorun

Explorer
Apr 10, 2004
Woolwich
Last sentence is saying that many would find the river too overcrowded for their taste, but if the livery says the water is low less people from the rentals and perhaps other will be on the river.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
The last sentence makes no sense at all to me.

I have Robert Parnes book (from which most of the excepts that Jim has been posting latey have been taken from) and I think it is a well organized and helpful guide to the rivers of the pine barrens. That excerpt is only part of a longer chapter on the Oswego river.

I agree that the last sentance is alkward, and not terribly logical, but I think Lorun is correctly interpreting it's meaning.

Jeff

Oct 25, 2006
I repeated that last sentence quite a few times, it is put like Jeff said very awkwardly, but Lorun has cleared up the meaning.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Last sentence is saying that many would find the river too overcrowded for their taste, but if the livery says the water is low less people from the rentals and perhaps other will be on the river.

Or better yet:

If you want less crowds, go when the livery says the water is low. Most people don't like dragging their boat through sand bars.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Or better yet:

If you want less crowds, go when the livery says the water is low. Most people don't like dragging their boat through sand bars.

Or how about:

If you want less crowds, and don't mind pulling your canoe through most of the river, then go when the livery says the water is low.