Packs of them

TheChairman

Aug 16, 2022
Browns Mills
Just more tax.

This is a new problem in the streets in NJ. We had been dealing with it for almost a decade in Philadelphia. I place it in the top 3 reasons for me leaving Philly and coming back here. I couldn't take it anymore, and I ride. It's become so pervasive that the mentality among them is that they can get away with it with little to no chance of being caught. There was a directive handed down from Philly PD brass that they were not to pursue them because it's too dangerous. Not enough detective work is being done to identify the groups and their meeting points to corral them before they head out.

There has to be enforcement, with penalties high enough which escalate with repeated offenses that the risk is too great. As of right now, it's a ticket and maybe an impound. Over and over. Whats a few hundred dollars a year to pay for a "hobby"? I'd pay it to maintain my right to ride in the Pines, and I stand behind that statement. It would have to mean my money will be used for enforcement, and we all know that's not going to happen. It will build another playground in Newark before we'll see an officer on an ATV patrolling Wharton.

Reactions: TommyP

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
See them more often than not, on the White Horse Pike coming into AC to get to Brigantine, blocking all lanes of traffic. Its quite a show, wheelies, etc. Blasting around Camden and Newark as I mentioned without a care.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
If they buy the new permit for the pines, can they ride there? :confused:

• Haha
Reactions: this_is_nascar

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
See them more often than not, on the White Horse Pike coming into AC to get to Brigantine, blocking all lanes of traffic. Its quite a show, wheelies, etc. Blasting around Camden and Newark as I mentioned without a care.
We don't want people doing that. Period. So, something must be done. At least this guy has the cojones to try something. The day that politicians fear backlash from people that do this sort of thing (and that the majority of citizens want stopped) is the end of our law-abiding society.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
We don't want people doing that. Period. So, something must be done. At least this guy has the cojones to try something. The day that politicians fear backlash from people that do this sort of thing (and that the majority of citizens want stopped) is the end of our law-abiding society.
Completely agree Bob, not condoning it at all. I think it is dangerous and stupid. I'm not saying not to do anything, just saying this is a little out there considering most of the folks doing this don't abide by the law now. Even if the ATV they "acquire" has a plate, it would be short lived and business as usual (my opinion)

Reactions: trop81

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Completely agree Bob, not condoning it at all. I think it is dangerous and stupid. I'm not saying not to do anything, just saying this is a little out there considering most of the folks doing this don't abide by the law now. Even if the ATV they "acquire" has a plate, it would be short lived and business as usual (my opinion)
My statement was not referring to anything in your post about you condoning it Joe. I was just using your post as a springboard to voice my strong objection to this lawlessness going on.

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Speaking of lawlessness, watch Woodstock 99 if you have not already. Both sides (producers of the show and attendees) created the perfect storm leading to anarchy. The producers basically had greed in their plan, but the young had pent up anger in their lives even before the show. Perfect setting for a firestorm, and that's how it ended.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
It is kind of ironic. That this and riding on state land is just as illegal for the most part. Since the only “legal” place to ride is on private land where you have permission any plate would be unnecessary. It may help to inform anyone who doesn’t know the current laws before they buy one. But if your purchasing one knowing you will be riding it illegally sometimes they would be the first things off like the reflectors on a 12 year old’s bike.

Wildland937

Scout
Aug 24, 2016
New Germany
Now Camden County has the bright idea of building a walking/ bike trail from one side of the county to the other directly through the Winslow WMA. All this will do is be a super highway for ATVs and ORV to get to the down to the areas of heavy use and damage that already cant be controlled. :bang: Im sure the sportsman and hunter are going to just love this one way or another. They will be made the bad guys in the end even thought is "their" land to hunt and fish on.

Attachments

• 2020-Link-alignment-map-PDF-768x1024.jpg
    2020-Link-alignment-map-PDF-768x1024.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 87