PBX Trip Saturday

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
If you've always had an interest to see exactly what we do, then consider this Saturday's trip an open house of sorts.

If you are interested and are in very good shape with no health problems, and don't mind fighting your way through briars and thick brush when necessary, and jumping from hummock to hummock, and lifting your leg up a hundred times to cross downed cedar logs, and putting your foot in water when you can't see the bottom, then maybe you ought to come out with us this Saturday.

We will be going a good, hard 5.5 miles straight through pine forest, cedar swamp, briars, and huckleberry. There will be very little road or path walking. It will be both strenuous and exhilirating. Rubber knee high boots are recommended, but if you don't care about putting your regular boots in water to your upper calf, that's fine with me.

This trip is in Eastern Ocean County, and will last a good 6 hours. Be advised that the way back out to a road on this one is difficult if for some reason you begin to wane. I'm sure one of us will take you out if that becomes a reality, but it's not something we like to plan on doing. There won't be a convenient vehicle where we would emerge anyway.

If seriously interested, PM me or Guy for more details.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If you commit to it and have a GPS, Bob or I will send you the GPX file by Friday with all of the coordinates of our route.

This outing starts at 8:30AM so depending on where you live in relation to Eastern Ocean County you will need to be up early. And I will let you in on a little secret about PBX hikes, they ALWAYS take longer than expected so don't plan on being home until late in the afternoon or early evening.

Guy

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Words can't describe how bad I want to go. 2 things holding me back. I'm not sure if I'm in good enough shape and also ity's hard for me to get away from Courtney and the kids since she is with them 10 hours a day 5 days a week already