Penn State Forest Q

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
@manumuskin , you and I posted at the same time. Interested in knowing who the property owner (Haines) is? I don't see any commerce on the map in that area. Does he have something to do with PICC, does he have a house in the woods there, etc.?

P.S. no nekked women in lawnchairs today at Penn, or probably anywhere in the state for that matter. Brrr...
Bill Haines owner of thousands of acres of cranberry bogs and Pine Barrens woodlands.Probably biggest owner of property in the barrens outside of the state.

Reactions: NJChileHead

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
@manumuskin Did WHIBCO own more land than Haines at any point?
I don't know who WHIBCO is unless you're referring to DeMarco. He was the largest and Haines [PICC] was second. Now PICC [Haines] by default is the largest. NJ has a law that for every acre of wetlands [bogs] they must own and pay taxes on X amount of upland. I forget the ratio. In some instances, it's beneficial to protect the watershed, in others it's a headache and unnecessary expense for the farmer.

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
You didn't mention Whibco. I figured you would be the one to ask if they ever owned more acreage than Haines. They presently own thousands of acres and used to own more.