Pet Friendly Camping in NJ Parks and Forests

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Once again another subject that no one can agree about anything, typical New Jersey residents. The Pines sure would be alot better without people, period. Some people don't like music in the campgrounds, some people can't watch where they walk, some people don't like beer while they're camping. You want peace and quiet while camping????? go to Wyoming. I have never met a group like you guys, ever see that movie "Grumpy Old Men"??????? like a bunch of PMSing women. you want a nice remote camp area? go AWAY from campgrounds and quit your crying. lol

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
You want peace and quiet while camping????? go to Wyoming.........

I think people go camping to enjoy the outdoors, the fresh air and the natural environment that it can provide, while others go simply to party. I personally have no problem with either group (and have been a member of each :guinness:) and welcome them both BUT when the actions of one group detracts from others, then it is wrong. If you want to listen to radios fine, I do, but keep it down or get headphones. Bringing dogs, no problem, just keep them quiet. When the actions or rights of some individuals trample the rights of others, the problems begin.
It all comes down to simple courtesy.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Once again another subject that no one can agree about anything, typical New Jersey residents. The Pines sure would be alot better without people, period. Some people don't like music in the campgrounds, some people can't watch where they walk, some people don't like beer while they're camping. You want peace and quiet while camping????? go to Wyoming. I have never met a group like you guys, ever see that movie "Grumpy Old Men"??????? like a bunch of PMSing women. you want a nice remote camp area? go AWAY from campgrounds and quit your crying. lol

No reason to be insulting about it. Actually, that's one of my favorite movies. Here's my issue...... I have no problem with someone elses right to enjoy themselves and have a good time, however when "your" enjoyment infringes on my "right" to have a good time, that's a problem. Stray dog sh*tting in these areas without cleanup by the owners will become a problem, guaranteed. You know that yourself, otherwise you would not have made the "can't watch where they walk" comment.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
You want peace and quiet while camping????? go to Wyoming.

It can get just as noisey, maybe more so, in Wyoming, and you have to deal with stepping in Bison pattys. Ever step in a Bison patty? :D You'll be yearning for fido.....

3612003176_1de6aa7c0a_o.jpg

Apr 30, 2009

Very true....NICE POINT!!! Can't we all just get along! Probably never because NJ is too over populated and we all keep bumping elbows...LOL