Pickerel fishing

Oct 25, 2006
I haven't fished oswego for many years,but when i did i was in my 17' orange coleman canoe and the best lure imo was a mepps black rooster tail,never failed,a current report i cannot give to you,i would think bite time is upon us.I have never fished absegami,but another hot spot for me was chatsworth lake.Good luck on your trip,catchem up.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
I am planning a trip possibly this weekend to Absegami or Oswego to try my luck. Anybody catching them? I plan on using lures from my kayak.

I haven't been out this year, till 2 weeks ago my canoe was frozen to the fence. I have next Friday off and am hoping to hit Batsto or Harrisville. Let us know how you make out.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I have been out a few times when we had a few warm days. The holes I usually used were producing quite well. I have had mixed results at Oswego, I caught this one at Absegami:
normal_absegami_005.jpg

I can't remember exactly how long he was but I believe it was in the area of 25". So Absegami did well by me. I caught other large ones there also.

Jeff

wolfspider05

Explorer
Nov 12, 2004
Riverside Nj
That is a really nice fish, seeing that makes me want to go right now! I will be out there tomorrow as long as the weather is decent. I still have to stop by Dicks Sporting Goods to get my fishing liscense.

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
fished dover forge weekend before the last sleet storm. caught a few small ones on spinners, saw some turtles sunning on some logs also. jeff, nice fish, caught one in double trouble a few years ago about the same size, its nice to get one bigger then 12" once in a while.

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Nice Fish

Woodjin--next time, be sure the photo shot is of the lateral side--they're absolutely beautiful fish, "chains" and all! I'd say that one's around 2 1/2-3 lbs--maybe more, thick back--great catch!