Picture size...

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
I recently bought a new digital camera and when I uploaded the pics to my computer and tried to upload them to a certain website (not this one, the pic I uploaded here worked fine) the pictures were way too big for that site. Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically change the size of the pictures when you movee them from your camera to your computer?

Thanks in advance!

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Check your camera manual. If you have no need for the large size, just change the size of the image the camera will take by setting the image size in one of the cameras menus.

sandcast69

Jan 4, 2010
Mays Landing, N.J.
Also most of the programs out there for organizing your photos have some kind of resizing option in them. I use ACDSee and it has this feature.

Nice camera by the way :)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically change the size of the pictures when you movee them from your camera to your computer?

Thanks in advance!

Why would you do that? Once that happens and you delete the photo's from your camera, you have lost the full quality photo that you worked so hard at getting. You should download the full photo's to your computer and use a program to batch shrink them. There are plenty out there even though I can't recommend any because I use a Mac. No offense, but that is a bad idea.

Guy

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
No offense taken. I just wanted to the camera to take smaller size pics for easier upload to websites. One of the boards I belong to has a size restriction and that is the place I post most often. I really did not want to upload them and then have to resize them before I post them.

Thanks for the advoce from all. And Rob...the camera is OK but nothing compared to a camera used by a certain picture ninja I know...aka your wife, Karen. She was awesome at the Halloween get together. I have shots of her in certain pics like the one below, sneaking through the woods taking clandestine pics, hehe....

the photo ninja.jpg