pictures of real pineys

B

BarryC

All,
I've just started a new nested album in my photo album at this site. It's right in the beginning of my album. My new lady friend Sue grew up in Friendship. Her dad grew up in Sandy Ridge, and worked there picking cranberries when he was young, till he eventually moved to Friendship. I've uploaded several of her family photos, with her permission. Maybe she will tell the story behind the deer.
Enjoy,
Barry

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
My dad and the deer

You guys and gals will just have to wait. I don't know all the facts behind the deer story, but will find out from my brother on Friday. After that I will surly post. I am also going to do a quick write up on where my father actually lived and in sequence.

The picture on the home page of cranberry pickers laundry, brings back memories. While in my eary 20s, I dated a rough Piney man from Chatsworth. He taught me alot about how Pineys make their living off the land. We would go picking pinecones on the plains. He would use one of those wash tubs in the picture. He put holes in the side and ran suspender straps through it. He hung it on his back while wearing gloves, would pick 6000 pinecones. The tub would hold 1000 cones which sold for $5.00. In 4 hours he would pick 6000 pinecones. The tub was to heavy for me, so I picked in a much smaller container. I could only pick about 3500 in the same amount of time as he.

B

bach2yoga

What an incredible life experience!

Sighs...I never was very good at waiting. :)

Renee