Pine Barren Visit this Summer

daniel8802

Nov 16, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I love this site. I'm newer hear but have just been reading all of the posts.

I'm planning on going on a tour this summer through the pines with a few friends. What would you recommend stopping at? I'm thinking of places like hamptons furnace, apple pie hill, and the blue hole, and maybe batsto village but I don't know of many other places. We can also go off roading if there are places deep in the woods. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
There are too many places to name, so I would suggest you go to the below link which is a map on this site, and play around with it. The green area's for the most part are state land where you can go. Switch back and forth between the aerial maps and the green map and narrow down some places that seem interesting. Then post back with a link to the place you seem to like, and we can give you suggestions in that area.

http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.6918657140519&lng=-74.64591979980469&z=12&type=m&gpx=

If you go to Batsto or Atsion first, you can buy topo maps of the area. Also, look this site over more and find a post that mentions something you think you would be interested in. Post back here and ask us about it and we can narrow it down and give suggestions.

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Hi Everyone,

I love this site. I'm newer hear but have just been reading all of the posts.

I'm planning on going on a tour this summer through the pines with a few friends. What would you recommend stopping at? I'm thinking of places like hamptons furnace, apple pie hill, and the blue hole, and maybe batsto village but I don't know of many other places. We can also go off roading if there are places deep in the woods. Any suggestions? Thanks!

You can start with some recommendations from the state on the Pines Byway tour.

http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/community/scenic/pinelands.shtm