Pine Barrens ghost town outing

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
I've been talking about this for a couple weeks on my online club on Yahoo.
Here's the final announcement for the trip. All are invited. Hopefully everyone won't have to drive his/her vehicle for the whole trip. Anyway, here's the text of the announcement:
Alright. I've decided on how the trip will go. It will be SATURDAY (not Sunday), February 10 at 9 am.
I'm going to follow the plan I originally laid out for the first trip. We'll meet at the Batsto/Pleasant Mills church and cemetery. There is plenty of room to park cars and such.
At that cemetery there are bog iron grave markers made right at Batsto, as well as Atlantic White Cedar markers. Jesse Richards the ironmaster is buried there. At about 9:30, giving everyone a chance to get there, we can head over to the Martha Furnace area and then attempt to find Calico. We'll stop off at the ruins of Nash's cabin and view the beautiful pond there (current club picture).
From there maybe we can head over to Friendship and the Eagle Tavern site and then down to Washington.
Then I think we can hit the paved road and go check out some sites in Atlantic County and POSSIBLY Cumberland County.
Meanwhile we can stop somewhere and get a hoagie or whatever at lunch time.
I recommend bringing a pickup or jeep or some type of SUV if you have one. I'd like for us to be driving as few vehicles as possible once we start. But we'll see how many people show up and then work it from there. As far as how long the outing will last, I don't know. Maybe till about 3 pm, so that people can go home and eat dinner at a normal hour. It's all a matter of how many places we go to and so forth.
THIS PART IS IMPORTANT. PLEASE e-mail me if you plan to attend, so I know how many people to wait for at the church. We'll wander the cemetery till 9:30. (E-mail: criterion1974@yahoo.com)
Thanks! I think this will be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.
Barry

My Yahoo club URL is:
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/ghosttownsofsouthernnj