Pine Barrens photo exhibit

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
The Pinelands Preservation Alliance (PPA) is hosting an exhibit featuring the photography of Ernest Cozens. An opening reception for the exhibit, entitled “The Pine Barrens at First Light,” was held on April 7 at the PPA, 17 Pemberton Road in Southampton. The exhibit will run through June, and all work exhibited is for sale.

The exhibit will feature 25 of Cozens’ images reflecting the natural beauty of the Pine Barrens and Jersey Shore. Cozens frames all his photographs by hand using re-claimed wood.

Many of these images were taken from vantage points that are only accessible by boat. Cozens has a wooden 18-foot Simmons Sea Skiff that he built himself which allows him to go into very shallow water. “By boat, you can find places you never knew existed in New Jersey,” Cozens said.
http://www.southjerseylocalnews.com/articles/2013/04/23/entertainment/doc51754f586fdc4475728249.txt

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Stunning.

But, at what point do we call it something other than photography when your own eye would never come close to seeing that composition of colors? I touch mine up too, but many times when I do, I wonder if it would have been better to just leave it alone.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ