Pine Barrens Sketches

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
I've mentioned that I've been working on written history of Hampton, and a couple people asked about it so I thought I would give an idea of what I've been thinking about. In addition to the written text, I've have had in my mind to try to create some sort of visual picture of what it was like during the iron era and the cranberry era. There are no pictures of what it looked like during the iron era obviously(and few from the cranberry era), but from the various texts, we can piece together what types of features there were and what they might have looked like. We know, for example, there was the furnace, a two forges, stables, a gristmill, a sawmill, several laborers houses, a cemetary and a mansion. We don't know exactly what they looked like at Hampton, but we can get a good idea by looking at pictures and sketches of the features at the other iron towns in the area. Just to give you a little teaser, I thought it would be neat to show some of my sketches as they come together. These are obviously rough and don't have any textures added it (and, most notably, I'm not an artist :) ). As you might be able to pick up from the video, I'm drawing each feature digitally and then I planning to overlay it and scale it on an isometric map of the area in the likely places where these features might have been. Enjoy!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Very nice John! Thanks for showing us that.