Pine Lands license plates

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I've thought about that myself, but in the end I'm just not interested in sending more money to the State. We really have no idea how the money is used, do we? For example, if the state raises $10,000 by selling pinelands license plates does that mean it will merely replace $10,000 which was originally planned to come from some other state fund? The cynic in me finds it very hard to believe that Pinelands preserve would get $10,000 more than they would receive in state aid otherwise.

But if someone can document that they do, then maybe I'd get behind this. Can you claim the $50 as a charitable deduction? If not then that makes me even more skeptical. Otherwise, why not donate $50 to your favorite pinelands charity and put some sort of bumper sticker on your car :)

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I firmly agree with Boyd.
Licensing and registration fees for these special plates have to be handled by too many lifeless slugs at the MVC before they make their way into the proper hands.
Supporting a conservation group directly minimizes administrative costs and is likely more beneficial in the long run.
I try not to give NJ any more than I have too.
I paid $156.00 this year just to be licensed to hunt and freshwater fish. My two sons and I paid $296.00 combined, for licenses and permits just this year.
I'll hang a pine cone on my tailgate before I give MVC $50.00 for a Pinelands plate.
Scott