Pineland Gardens - AKA Powder Mill Springs

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
Hey Guys, sorry long time, no post. Pineland Gardens - Powder Mill Springs.jpg

So I came across a building plan for Pineland Gardens while at work today and found something I thought maybe some folks here would find interesting. Attached is a basic image of what the plan looked like with the name on the side as it was shown on the sheet I saw today. I had to quickly re-draw it as I'm not allowed to share any of the communications info that was also drawn out on the sheet. What I found interesting was the name looks like it says this place was supposed to be called Powder Mill Springs - Very interesting considering it's location compared to a certain incendiary bomb plant. This, at some point, was obviously changed to Pineland Gardens, but it looks like so much more was possibly planned for this site, which could have, I guess, eliminated any trace of the bomb factory today.

Does anyone know if something was found in the soil from the WWII operations that prevented any further building? Or was it more of a failure of fund management on the builders part?

I know the development itself is not that interesting, but the ground it's built on and around sure has a story.