PLANNED HIKE

KARL

Scout
Sep 7, 2003
BARNEGAT
Visit site
hi gang, wanted to wish you all a blessed new year......god be with you and yours in the months ahead............am considering a hike from wells mills to bamber lake.............may even make it a t wo day,overnighter.............on the maps the area looks pretty empty...........has anyone been in that area lately...............any new construction,oldfolks homes,.............bad swamps,etc..............let me know...........you dont want to have to go searching for an old piney like me whos lost his way..................course, i dont believe in any of that newfangled gps stuff................my old army compass,and a good topo map and i only get lost once in a while............any advice,press on,many thanks, karl[/code][/b]

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Karl, when my pine barren exploring club was more active, I designed a trip from the old fire tower location to the Forked River Mountain, and from there to my home in Bamber. It was designed to use no roads or trails. Although we never got to it, it would have been a brutal trip. I also had one in mind; from the dump on 532 to Forked River Mountain, running a beeline right through the woods. Another brutal one. Are you off next week? I am a little out of shape, but could design a quick 3 to 5 miler we would enjoy........

A trip from Wells Mills to Bamber would be okay if I were in better shape. Did you mean straight through the woods?