Poking Around

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Found this little shell only 2.5" long today. Not sure of the species. Anybody know? If you tell me it's a certain species that I think it might be, I have a theory.

1687212489834.png

Reactions: Teegate

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I could never understand people feeding feral cats in the woods. I've seen this at least 5 times in weird places. I dislike feral cats, they are up to no good. There is a bleeding heart couple in my old neighborhood who gather up strays and take them in to be fixed, then release them back into the neighborhood again. That is an insane thing to do. I told him they should be euthanized and he hit the roof, like it was human children I wanted to get rid of.

1687223728602.png

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
I could never understand people feeding feral cats in the woods. I've seen this at least 5 times in weird places. I dislike feral cats, they are up to no good. There is a bleeding heart couple in my old neighborhood who gather up strays and take them in to be fixed, then release them back into the neighborhood again. That is an insane thing to do. I told him they should be euthanized and he hit the roof, like it was human children I wanted to get rid of.

View attachment 20106
Our city is overrun with cats and people do the same thing here. It's terrible and to the point where they do their business in people's Gardena and such.

I hate cats and would have no problem if they became extinct, but that will never happen around here, as long as they keep feeding the strays and feral cats.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Bob, this year because of the dryness turtles are making large migrations to find water. I’m guessing maybe that is what that turtle was doing. Otherwise it may have been an animal carrying it there.