Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
IMG_7835.JPG

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Bobpbx, where you doing remodeling on your home and sanding sheetrock?:D

Incredible! The power of suggestion - My nose started itching the moment I viewed your photograph. Is that mess from one day?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I think it peaked down here a couple days ago, and the rain/humidity has kept it under control. So far, this is the mildest pollen year I've seen for awhile. Just returned from a walk and didn't see much new pollen anywhere. I think it was last Friday, driving around it looked like a yellow green fog in a few spots though.

It was much worse last year. Of course, we have fewer pines than Bamber, but those stringy oak things are a big mess. :)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It looks like the edges of your street are the same way.

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Same conditions here in Pinewald, Bob. The last two days have been brutal! One year I went to work and left the windows up for the day on the first day it was bad that Spring. When I came home everything in the house was covered with pine pollen. That was the first year I lived in my house. I learned my lesson.

My truck this evening.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Yes, that is from 2 days Gibby, yesterday and today. Look at my porch. I hate this pollen week. Have to keep the windows closed and cannot do house maintenance outside.

porchpollen.JPG

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Bob, hopefully the showers we are supposed to get in the next few days will wash the pollen down and away. Is all of this added pollen bothering your dog? I used to have to give my Golden Retriever children's Benadryl when the season was like it is today. The poor dog would suffer with runny eyes and itchy ears, just like us, and then would fall asleep sitting up against the wall from the pill I gave him.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob, hopefully the showers we are supposed to get in the next few days will wash the pollen down and away. Is all of this added pollen bothering your dog? I used to have to give my Golden Retriever children's Benadryl when the season was like it is today. The poor dog would suffer with runny eyes and itchy ears, just like us, and then would fall asleep sitting up against the wall from the pill I gave him.

Buddy seems to take it in stride. The funny thing about pollen from pine trees, and I've been experiencing it for 30 years now: the scales must close up when it rains, and then as soon as the humidity drops to a certain level, they emit pollen right away, and like crazy...to make up for lost time. It also seems that every year God has a little sympathy for us and drops rain at just the right time to wash it all away. The rest of the summer is clean and fresh!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I'm thinking that it's over around here. The oak stuff is still coming down a little, but not as bad as before. I cleaned the front porch last Thursday and it still looks pretty good, although you get some on your hand if you run it across a horizontal surface. But that looks more like oak pollen than pine to me.

Really, this seems like one of the lightest years for pollen I can remember and I haven't been sneezing much. But the pines all show the usual amount of new growth, so it probably has more to do with weather conditions. It was much heavier last year, it started earlier and lasted longer: http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/pollen.8272/