Poor Garmin support experience

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Yep, just tried the Mac version and it allowed me to do this. Start the first download as usual. Then go to the BirdsEye menu and choose download. The dialog box will appear again and you can select another area while the first is downloading. After selecting it will show a "0%" label while the first image continues to download. When the first image reaches 100%, the second download will start.

I only tried this with two small test areas, but I'm sure you can use the same technique for more and larger areas.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yep, just tried the Mac version and it allowed me to do this. Start the first download as usual. Then go to the BirdsEye menu and choose download. The dialog box will appear again and you can select another area while the first is downloading. After selecting it will show a "0%" label while the first image continues to download. When the first image reaches 100%, the second download will start.

I only tried this with two small test areas, but I'm sure you can use the same technique for more and larger areas.

I will play with it. That may be a new addition to the most recent version of BaseCamp. I will find out.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks Boyd! That is working. It seems to me they need to inform us somewhere in that program that we can download multiple downloads.

Guy