Popcorn Park Zoo

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My mom, brother, Jessica, and I visited the Popcorn Zoo today for the first time. My mom used Jessica's walking stick and was able to slowly make her way around. She did quite well for having severe arthritis. Jessica took all the photo's.

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4299.jpg

IMG_4304.jpg

IMG_4310.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4337.jpg

Guy

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Great photos! I love that zoo. If nothing else, it's a good demonstration of why white tailed deer do not make good pets! They can be really tame, but they never stop licking you, ever. Ever. (do they still have them walking around the main area?)
I used to go there every year to shear their sheep, and always looked forward to it because they gave us a behind-the-scenes tour.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The deer are all in a pen towards the back. One of them is really old and looks bad. It's tongue stays out all the time and it's hair is pretty spotty. I would think in the wild it would be long gone, but they keep them safe and happy. Or maybe the popcorn keeps them happy :)

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
we take the grandkids there once a year.one grand daughter is terrified of the deer.don't know why.she loves the bears and tigers...makes no sense:)
At one time a bunch of kids had broke in from the woods in the back and killed several animals for know apparent reason.they didn't eat them so they were just bad kids not hungry ones.
They have or had a monkey there,I believe a capuchin but not sure.half it's hair is gone and it looks terrible.The sign said the zoo took it because it's keeper had got mad at it and threw scalding water on it.you just gotta love people,otherwise things like this could make you want to kill them.
Al

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
the deer that used to walk around freely and approach everybody was named Beverly. I havn't seen her there in more recent trips.

Jeff

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
That is a very neat zoo. When I was there in Jan, it looked like they had to replace some roofs that caved in from the snow. I'm sure Feb wasn't any nicer to that place. It was a great time though.