Possible Government Shut-down may affect your weekend..

Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
Absolutely appalling and unacceptable. It does not affect me directly but for the thousands of families and individuals to have their weekend and holiday plans disrupted by this level of incompetence is truly disturbing.

Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
Folks currently camping at Belleplain have been advised they will need to vacate by 11am tomorrow due to this. The broad nature of the messaging leaves too many questions unanswered. State permitted livery operations...Micks, Bel Haven , etc etc...are they able to offer services (possibly no due to reduced manpower available for S&R to patrol parks etc....maddening.

Reactions: smoke_jumper

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
A friend of my mom rented a cabin at Atsion. They were notified that they won't be able to use it.

Will they receive a refund?

I recall when the fed govt shutdown in 2013. All national parks were closed. My son ignored that and had all of Cadillac Mt in Maine too himself ;)

163320065.jpg

Reactions: smoke_jumper

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Looks like their closing.

Ocean County Sheriff 911
· 19 mins ·
ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK CLOSED TOMORROW DUE TO GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN....

Yep, they are;

New Jersey State Parks, Forests & Historic Sites
· 1 min ·

Due to the government shutdown in the State of New Jersey, all State Parks, Forests, Historic Sites, and Recreation Areas will be closed until further notice.

All public events happening at these venues have been canceled.

All camping reservations have also been canceled. If you are currently in one of our camping areas, you will need to leave your site by 11:00 am on Saturday July 1st.

Swimming is not permitted while the parks are closed.

New Jersey State Park Police will be enforcing the closure and patrolling the parks grounds during this time.

If you notice any suspicious activity near a State Park, State Forest, Historic Site, or Recreation Area during this time please call 1-877-WARN-DEP (1-877-927-6337).

Please visit the New Jersey State Park & Forestry website http://www.nj.gov/dep/parksandforests/ for any updated information.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause over your holiday weekend.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
Dumb question, but what does this mean exactly? closing of the state rec areas and campgrounds or closing the entirety of Wharton, Lebanon and Bass River?
Canoe Livery companies are closed (Micks, Bell haven, Etc) but you can still paddle the waterways. All State Parks are closed (even to foot traffic) including IBSP. State Police and Park Police will still be working. All state campgrounds closed. If somebody is near a major access point (Quaker, Carranza, etc) be interested to know if any signs up. I would think you can still access the forests.