"Posted" sign along Quaker Bridge Road

RMICKLE

Scout
Oct 3, 2005
Carson City, NV
Hello Everyone,

I was driving down Quaker Bridge Road this evening and notices some ribbon hanging from a tree. Then I happen to notice a sign back in the woods 50 to 100 feet with big red lettering. I was surprised to see it said Posted:siren:.

Maybe it’s a remaining lot from the Fruitland development and someone’s upset about the trail crossing it?

I didn’t have a chance to walk back on the trail but maybe the orange ribbon below the sign marks the property line or the proposed location of the trail. Time will tell.

I’ll have to check the tax maps tomorrow when I get to work.

Roy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You are correct about Fruitland. You of all people should have done a little more exploring there. You would have found something that I felt would never have been there being so close to the road. :D

Just checked my records and i may have the wrong location. In any event that property is private. It appears to be 1.0321 acres including the public access road that runs through it.

Guy

RMICKLE

Scout
Oct 3, 2005
Carson City, NV
You are correct about Fruitland. You of all people should have done a little more exploring there. You would have found something that I felt would never have been there being so close to the road. :D

Just checked my records and i may have the wrong location. In any event that property is private. It appears to be 1.0321 acres including the public access road that runs through it.

Guy

I’ll have to walk down the trail next time I’m in the area. No more bush whacking for me until the next frost :(.

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
I saw that line flagged up when I walked the trail this past Wednesday. It seems to me someone is very serious about people knowing it's their line. I hope I'm wrong but my survey sense tells me someone isn't happy about the trail crossing their property. The line has been flagged, posted and cut clear with a chainsaw. I would have liked to follow the line but I was at the beginning and didn't want to wear myself out. I believe if you go back on the trail, when you come across the line, it looked like a property corner was flagged about 150-200' down the line from the trail.

Jay