Push Line Road

mike242424

Explorer
Feb 17, 2007
Tabernacle
It was a beautiful day to be outdoors today. I took a nice ride down the Push Line Road from near High Crossing all the way passed Lower Forge out to Route 206 when it turns to Quaker Bridge. Its a little bit of a ride but its a very cool area to be in

Attachments

• 0428071505.jpg
    0428071505.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 324

mike242424

Explorer
Feb 17, 2007
Tabernacle
Yeah I was curious as to why it was called that. Theres one in front of Lower forge and one at a random intersection too I think.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I know the person who makes those signs and will be seeing him in the near future. I will ask him about it. I have never heard it called that also. But he did say the last time I talked to him that some of the roads are named for things that have happened on them or something about them. Basically like we call Stevensons road the "Red Road". BTW, I noticed Howard Boyd called it that in his book, and the first time I heard it called that was from Bob. Did you get that name from him Bob?

Guy

kingofthepines

Explorer
Sep 10, 2003
the final outpost
there are a few roads called push line road. off the top of my head, another one I am aware of is called 1981 push line road heading southwest off of oswego road. I too wondered where someone would come up with a name like that and concluded it had something to do with firefighting.

I know the person who makes those signs and will be seeing him in the near future. I will ask him about it. I have never heard it called that also. But he did say the last time I talked to him that some of the roads are named for things that have happened on them or something about them. Basically like we call Stevensons road the "Red Road". BTW, I noticed Howard Boyd called it that in his book, and the first time I heard it called that was from Bob. Did you get that name from him Bob?

Guy

I think it's just the common name. My sister and brother-in-law call it Red Road also.

Steve

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area

Guy

No, oddly enough I got it from a good friend's Uncle who lives in Browns Mills. He ran the lazer tag game at the 72 and 532 cutoff.

mike242424

Explorer
Feb 17, 2007
Tabernacle
Sounds good Guy. I agree that it could have something to do with firefighting. Who knows maybe it was an old term for a method of firefighting they used or did.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003

Guy

Ask him to make another for Tuckerton Stage Road. This morning I noticed that someone had broken the one near the boot camp in half. There is also alot of new trash dumped on that road going to High Crossing.

Ed