Quaker Bridge Road

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Good to see so many people out today. Once again I had time to kill with just me & my youngest so whatelse...
Piled him into my car, yes car and off we went. So many people out, horses, walkers, byciclists, eduro riders, jeeps & such. Parked out at the bridge by some forestry vehicles. Just kicked around the bridge & up & down the trail some picking up bottles along the way.Took a couple pics. The water is crisp and cool to the touch, just makes ya wanna stick yer pinkie toe in for a feel.
Unfortunately I was on a schedule ( aren't we always? ) and had to go.
If I didn't have to go I think I would have made a 1/2 dozen more stops along the way B4 I got back to 206. Very pretty day. Many smiling faces.
I hope any of you out there enjoyed it in your own little way, that really is what it's all about.

G.

onehand

Explorer
Apr 11, 2005
potter co. pa.
schedule, whats that? LOL

my best time to go into the woods are the weekdays or bad weather, the fewer the people the better for me

i understand that people are in different situations, i am just an "old fart odd ball"

sombody once said "youth is waisted on the young" LOL

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
My wife and I and the dog were out in Jemima Mount and Mount area yesterday and didn't see a soul all afternoon.
I will post a few photos tonight.
We were geocacheing and found the first leg of ecampbell's (biscuitman) 3 part cache.
We couldn't finish it because we couldn't find part two.
It was a beautiful day in the big woods.
We came back through Quaker Bridge at 5:30 and I lost a few fillings on the washboard back to Atsion.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
RednekF350 said:
We came back through Quaker Bridge at 5:30 and I lost a few fillings on the washboard back to Atsion.

That road is horrible. They should stop playing with it and I bet it would be better.

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
TeeGate said:
That road is horrible.

There is validity to that and to Redneck's statement. It's a vehicle shaker alright.
I have proof in my recycle bin right now in the form of a "SCOTTSDALE 20"
emblem I picked up.

Perhaps next time I'm out there I'll find a Ford F350 emblem.
I'll be sure to return it to it's rightful owner if I do.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I came in from Washington Road and that wasn't bad at all.
That road can get just as bad as Quaker Bridge Road but it seems like they scarify and grade it more often.
Either that or it doesn't washboard as quickly because it sees less traffic than Quaker Bridge Road.

MokoTu

Jan 24, 2006
Jursea Green Zone
Great WeekEnd

Hello I'm a newbie here but I feel like I came home...So much to read and learn here, Mahalo for letting me in the door. What a beautiful weekend it was in the Pines, Hiked the trail at Basto and Yak'd Oswego. :D Head'n to Quaker Bridge this week. There was no one on the trail or at the Lake !

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
I was driving on Quaker Bridge Road last weekend myself. My big old CJ7 was about rattling apart. Noisy, banging, the rear locker wanted to keep sending it sideways. I don't know how, but my teenage nephew slept thru it.???????

Windsor

Scout
Aug 11, 2005
Somerdale
I wonder how the road gets like that? I've always thought it was from the canoe trailers that constantly travel that road. They're always bouncing around and such.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I found a similar emblem on the east side of Quake Bridge early Saturday morning, but mine said "COTTSDALE 20". The S was missing, I left it there.

Ed

LARGO said:
TeeGate said:
That road is horrible.

There is validity to that and to Redneck's statement. It's a vehicle shaker alright.
I have proof in my recycle bin right now in the form of a "SCOTTSDALE 20"
emblem I picked up.

Perhaps next time I'm out there I'll find a Ford F350 emblem.
I'll be sure to return it to it's rightful owner if I do.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
ecampbell said:
I found a similar emblem on the east side of Quake Bridge early Saturday morning, but mine said "COTTSDALE 20". The S was missing, I left it there.

Ed

That was her. I know the truck it's from ( GM ) so of course I just wrote it all out. I'm sure the "S" held on to the truck for a little while longer.
My Columbo deduction says... Old truck comes in from Atsion bouncing along the Q/B/R, crosses bridge, tries to weasel up trail, tree banch takes the prize.
See that, if you hadn't left it for me I'd have nothing to talk about.Sorry I missed you.
Glad I didn't miss the emblem.

G.